Download and Install
⬇ Download Current (4.8.0 for 1.7.10)
(+) I don't have forge already installed.
- Go to this page, look for "Recommended 1.7.10 (1230)" and download the installer on that line.
Run the installer. If it fails, check the Forge FAQ
- Now run your Minecraft Launcher.
- Click "New Profile" in the bottom left.
- Give the profile a name and select a directory for it. (This should not be the default directory, you don't want to overwrite your vanilla worlds)
In the "Version Selection" section, scroll down the "Use Version" drop-down and select "release_1.7.10-Forge..." (There will be version numbers after "Forge").
- Now click "Save Profile".
- Click "Play".
- If done right, the main Minecraft menu will say "Minecraft Forge" with a version number in the bottom left.
- Now continue on to the next section to install Flan's Mod.
(+) I have already installed forge.
- Open your Minecraft Launcher.
- Select your modded profile.
- Click on "Edit Profile".
- Copy the "Game Directory" and navigate to it in your computer's file browser.
- Now open the "mods" folder.
- Download the latest version of Flan's Mod (above).
- Drag the downloaded FlansMod-x.x.x.jar into the "mods" folder.
- Download any content packs you want. Content Packs
- Now run Minecraft through the launcher and quit.
- Returning to your game directory, there should be a "Flan" folder.
- Put all the content pack zips (don't extract them) in the newly created "Flan" folder.
- Run Minecraft again and you should be good to go.
➡ Content Packs